As I lay Perishing Characters
As I lay Dying Characters
- Addie Bundren– The better half of Anse Bundren and mom to Money, Darl, Jewel, Dewey Dell, and Vardaman. Addie is a mainly absent lead character, and her death triggers the book’s action. She is a former teacher whose bitter, loveless life triggers her to abhor her partner and to invest all of her love in her preferred kid, Gem, instead of in the rest of her family or God
- Anse Bundren– The head of the Bundren family. Anse is a bad farmer afflicted with a hunchback, whose instincts are overwhelmingly self-centered. His bad childrearing abilities appear to be mostly accountable for his kids’s various situations. Alternately disliked and disrespected by his kids, Anse nevertheless prospers in accomplishing his two biggest objectives in one fell swoop: burying his dead partner in her home town of Jefferson, and getting a new set of incorrect teeth.
- Darl Bundren– The second Bundren child. Darl is the most sensitive and articulate of the surviving Bundrens and delivers the best variety of interior monologues in the book. As the household encounters catastrophe upon catastrophe throughout the trip, Darl’s aggravation with the entire process leads him to attempt to end things decisively by incinerating his dead mom’s coffin.
- Gem — The bastard kid of Addie and Whitfield, the minister
- Cash Bundren — The eldest Bundren kid and a skilled carpenter
- Dewey Dell Bundren — The just Bundren kid. Seventeen and got pregnant. Very desperate.
- Vardeman Bundren — The youngest of the Bundren kids. Blames peabody for killing Addie. Views her death the like he caught a fish. Innocent. Beats Peabody’s horse.
- Vernon Tull — he is their wealthier neighbor he hires Darl, Gem, and Cash for unusual jobs
- Cora Tull — Married to vernon who attempts to keep the peace, she rags on everybody, discuss what Addie considers her sons, obsessed with chickens, thinks Addie does not truly like, child is Kate who does Bunsden household eggs– > cake, Explains Addie as the very best cook, narrow-minded always thought she was right, assists Addie, sees herself as a servant of god whose misison in life is to keep tull in line
- Peabody — The significantly obese rural physician who addresses Addie and later on to Cash. Peabody is extremely important of the method Anse treats his kids.